How to Change a Flat Tire on Your Jeep® SUV
Each year millions of people will face a flat tire while out on the road. With distracted driving on the rise, you want to make your Jeep® SUV as visible as possible while alongside the road. Find a Jeep service near me in Omaha to install a new tire and safely store your spare. Use these tips from Woodhouse Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM to stay safe on the highway.
Put tools and supplies in your Jeep SUV
Regular maintenance and inspections ensure that your vehicle is ready for any road trip. But, don’t forget to check on the condition of your spare tire. Plus, you’ll want to keep these safety items and tools on hand.
– Lug wrench for removing lug nuts and your spare tire.
– Jack for lifting your car up for a smooth tire change.
– Tire wedges to stop your car from rolling while on the jack.
– Work gloves and a raincoat to protect you from the weather.
– A flashlight helps see in low-light conditions.
– Reflective clothing keeps you visible to others.
– Flare, flashers, or cones alert oncoming traffic of your location.
Use caution if you get a flat tire
Protect yourself by immediately pulling off the road if you have a flat tire. But, don’t slam on your brakes or twist your steering wheel. Instead, let off the gas, turn on your lane change signal, and slowly move off to the side. Before leaving your vehicle turn on your hazard lights and set your parking brake. By taking these precautions, you’ll be able to assess any damage and change your tire safely.
Find a Jeep service near me in Omaha
At Woodhouse Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM we work hard to keep you safe on the road. If you experience a flat tire, then you’ll need tire service as soon as possible. Give our service team a call, and we’ll repair or replace your tire at our dealership.